We are now at the moment when an eblast to all of our interested parties (the first of hopefully 3 or 4) would be really terrific. I am emailing all of you because you are connected to the publicity arm of your organization. Here’s what we suggest for emails over the next two months:
Plan on 3-4 eblasts from partners over the next two months:
conference invitation (save the date) ASAP (dedicated email blast)
(highlight your sponsorship or participation of the event)
registration open mid Feb (paired with other org announcements)
keynotes announced – beginning of March (paired with other org announcements)
- program announced – 3rd week of March (dedicated email blast)
Here’s the event flyer
Here’s the full announcement:
Sonoma County Adaptation Forum
April 8th: Resilience in a Changing Climate
May 21st: Building A Climate-Ready Roadmap
This public forum and follow-up workshop brings together individuals, organizations and businesses from across a wide spectrum of sectors and disciplines who are working to ensure that Sonoma County remains vibrant and resilient in a changing climate. Attendees will learn how to make their planning and decision-making climate-smart, share what they have learned with others, and explore new and innovative solutions for adapting to climate change.
Join us as we discuss the diverse challenges facing Sonoma County and bring together leading voices on how to respond effectively to climate.
Public Forum – April 8, 2015
Resilience in a Changing Climate
Where: Sonoma State University, Student Center Ballrooms
When: 8:30am – 5:00 pm, reception to follow; lunch included.
- Become part of an expanded network of allies across public and private sectors, and disciplines.
- Be empowered across sectors and levels of leadership with knowledge, tools, innovation strategies, and mutual support for the implementation of actions for a better tomorrow.
- Learn how to engage in ongoing community adaptation initiatives, including May 21st Workshop.
Workshop – May 21, 2015
Building A Climate-Ready Roadmap
Where: Location to be determined. Request conference announcements to stay informed.
When: 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Work together to address impacts of climate change in Sonoma County by discussing strategies, assessing gaps, identifying levers for change, and developing action steps.
- Develop a roadmap for climate resilience by connecting the dots between business, government, non-profits, and residents in Sonoma County
- Participate in helping Sonoma County by taking action together.
Who should come?
- Local elected officials and commissioners
- Conservation and natural resource professionals
- Health professionals
- Planners, architects, and urban designers
- Business professionals
- Air quality, flood control, fire and public safety professionals
- Emergency preparedness and response professionals
- Agricultural producers and industry professionals
- Transportation professionals
- Community members
Who we are:
An alliance of non-profits, agencies, and businesses working together to increase awareness around climate change, climate adaptation and future impacts on Sonoma County. Join us in finding innovative solutions that help us create a thriving community into the future!
Brought to you by: The North Bay Climate Adaptation Initiative (learn more about NBCAI members and partners at northbayclimate.org/partners), the Regional Climate Protection Authority (RCPA), Local Government Commission, Sonoma County Water Agency, Sonoma State University Sustainability Division, County of Sonoma Energy & Sustainability Division, County of Sonoma Public Health Division, Brelje & Race Consulting Engineers, Leadership Institute for Ecology and the Economy, Sustainable North Bay.
Register or sponsor now at www.sonomacountyadaptation.org.